Thursday, October 2, 2008

Anatomy of a Suitkiller...

Welcome to the Suitkiller.net Blog! For the uninitiated, this Web site is a giant evolutionary leap from my Blogger page, "(Wr)etchings", which was created in 2006 as a showcase for my artwork. This new site is about 80% done as of this writing--with a crucial part of the remaining 20% being an unfinished gallery section. If you would like to see a slew of full-sized finished pieces, I invite you to click on the link above and stroll through the archives. Check back next week for the first stage of the gallery (my entire body of work will take several months to post, as I'm including descriptions and context for each piece, but you'll at least be able to get a good look at each of the thumbnailed works)...

Why "Suitkiller?" That's a great question with three possible answers (the truth is a viewer's choice kind of deal)...

A. It's a provocative (ridiculous?) name for an art site...

B. It embodies my artistic philosophy, one that mixes the tropes of pop culture and advertising with savage political humor to create unexpected results (think Andy Warhol and Bill Hicks doing mushrooms in Hell)...

C. It's a made-up word that I worked into a drawing eight years ago when I was really, really tired...

As far as the Suitkiller Blog is concerned, think of this as the "What's New" page. Much like the old "(Wr)etchings" blog, I'll use this forum to post new pieces and make announcements, and to allow you to share your thoughts in the "Comments" section...

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: